Book Release Date:

Book Release Date: May 2011

Friday, October 1, 2010

Level 1: Start!

Welcome to the official blog for my book, Virtuous Worlds: The Video Gamer's Guide to Spiritual Truth, which will be published by Winged Lion Press sometime in the first quarter of 2011.  Please stay tuned for the exact release date.

The title pretty much says it all. The idea behind the book is to look for connections between real-world spiritual truths and video games. Though it is written primarily from a Christian perspective, I believe the book can be of use to a person of just about any background.

I hope you will join the discussion on this blog. I plan on adding more features and more content as time goes on. For now, please enjoy my album of photos from this year's Gen Con gaming convention in Indianapolis, IN. The green Link in the background photos and in most of the pictures in the album is me, just in case you were wondering.

To get a little discussion started, please feel free to reply to this post with a comment that answers the question(s): "What is your favorite video game and why?"  Bonus points for going beyond "it has great graphics" or "I just love it."  Why does that one title keep you coming back again and again?

Thanks for stopping by. Please contact me with any questions or comments you might have, and come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. To answer your question. I like the game Fallout 3 not only because of the graphics and game play, but because the makers of the game gave you many moral choices (mainly do I kill him or do not?) There was also do I help this person or turn him down? Do I ask for a reward or just accept the thanks. Sometimes even harder choices arise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I have never played any of the Fallout games, but I hear they're quite good. Liam Neeson, my favorite actor, voices a character in Fallout 3 (I remember seeing him in an interview somewhere after the game came out).

    For me, it would have to be "Ocarina of Time." The reasons for this will be revealed in more detail when the book comes out, but suffice it to say for now that I admire the strength of the two main characters (Link and Zelda) and their incredible willingness to embrace their calling, no matter how inconvenient that may be for them.

    ReplyDelete